Baked Fish and Potatoes Recipe2012-05-11
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:30 h
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat85
Serving Size:About 10 oz. (280g)
Baked Fish and Potatoes is a simple, low calorie and sodium recipe that serves 4 to 5 people. It uses frozen fish fillets that allows you to make this recipe any time in just about 90 minutes without having to first thaw the fish. The 60 minute cooking time thaws and cooks the fish fillets without drying them out and produces fork tender potatoes.
When serving 4, each serving has about 280 calories and 350 mg of sodium. Add steamed or other vegetables and a salad for a complete meal like the ones pictured for about 500 to 700 calories.
Because fish cooks so quickly, prepared meals you reheat in your oven or microwave oven rarely includes fish.
Unlike prepared diet meals this simple recipe uses only natural ingredients and has no chemical additives or preservatives.
This recipe and nutrition information was last updated on March 31, 2014 using cod. Substituting other low fat white fish provides about the same number of calories and protein.
- 1 lb (450 g) frozen cod or other white fish
- 2 large (600 g) russet potatoes, washed, peeled and sliced about 1/8-inch thick
- 1 medium (150 g) onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) dry white wine or water
- 1 medium (150 g) tomato chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) romano or parmesan cheese
- 1 clove (5 g) garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) red pepper flakes (optional)
Method of Preparation
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the bottom of a 3 quart baking dish.
Cover the bottom of the dish with a layer of potato. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add one half of the onion and tomato.
Add fish, and half of the garlic and parsley. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
Cover fish with remaining potato slices, garlic and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Add wine. Cover and bake 1 hour.
Remove cover 15 minutes before the end of cooling time to brown the onion and potatoes.
Remove from oven to wire rack. Cool 10 to 15 minutes before serving.