Black Bean and Corn Salsa2015-02-26
- Yield : About 4.5 cups
- Servings : 72
- Prep Time : 10m
- Ready In : 4:00 h
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat7
Serving Size:1 tbsp. (15 ml)
This colorful, hearty Black Bean and Corn Salsa can be be eaten with corn tortilla chips, as a condiment for seafood tacos, eggs, and breakfast burritos or for taco salads and nachos.
One-quarter cup (4 tbps. 60 g) has about 80 calories, and 4 grams each of dietary fiber and protein with less than 200 mg of sodium less than many prepared tomato salsas.
- 2 - 15 oz (425g) cans of reduced sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz. (425g) can no salt added whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cumin
- 1 cup (90 g) red pepper, minced
- 1 cup (100 g) red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup (120 ml ) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup (120 ml ) fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive or vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground black pepper
Method of Preparation
In a large bowl, add all ingredients and gently fold or toss until combined.
Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to allow the flavors to intensify and use within 1 week.