One-Pan Pasta With Bacon2016-02-08
- Cuisine: American, European, Italian, Mediterranean
- Course: Pasta & Rice, Side Dish
- Skill Level: Easy
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 45m
This information is per serving.
Calories From Fat50
One-Pan Pasta with Bacon is another in a series of one-pan meals that takes about the same time to prepare and cook as popular boxed pasta meals, but without the preservatives, MSG, and artificial colors and flavors.
This simple pasta entree or side dish has 220 calories and 2 grams of saturated fat per serving. In Italy, pancetta would be used instead of bacon. You can substitute pancetta or proscuitto if desired.
Serving: 14 oz. (405 g)
6 g saturated fat
510 mg sodium
13 g fiber
20 g protein
Substitutions & Additions
Asparagus for the peas
Short pasta (elbow macaroni, orzo, etc.) for the noodles
Chicken or vegetable broth for water
For more sauce, increase liquid to 1 1/2 cups
Other One-Pan Recipes
- 4 oz. (112 g) fresh or canned mushrooms, sliced
- 2 to 3 (60 g) strips bacon
- 1/4 (80 g) medium onion, diced
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.625 ml) black pepper
- Red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (240 ml) water or broth
- 4 oz. (113 g) uncooked medium noodles or short pasta
- 1 cup (112 g) frozen or fresh peas
- 5.3 oz. (150 g) Greek or natural yogurt
Method of Preparation
In a large, deep skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until fat is rendered and bacon is crisp. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except yogurt. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until noodles are al dente. Remove from heat, and stir in yogurt. Serve.
Stir in peas and mushrooms. Simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until noodles are al dente. Remove from heat, and stir in yogurt. Serve.