Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms2013-06-02
- Yield : 12
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 60m
Quinoa stuffed mushrooms are a high fiber, low calorie, low sodium recipe that’s also gluten free.
While quinoa is pitched to Americans as a whole grain or ancient grain, quinoa is actually a seed grown in South America.
Stuffed mushroom are perfect for appetizers or vegetable side dish. You can also enjoy the with eggs or toast for breakfast.
If you do not like capers or prefer a mild taste, omit the capers and red pepper flakes. Adjust seasoning to your taste.
Wine can be omitted and mushrooms broiled 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese melts and internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- 12 medium to large white or brown mushrooms (250g)
- 1/2 cup (80 g) cooked quina
- 1/4 cup (30 g) celery, minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) capers, rinsed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) kosher salt
- 1/8th teaspoon (0.6 ml) fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8th teaspoon (0.6 ml) red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) grated parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup (120 ml ) dry white wine
Method of Preparation
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Arrange in a 9x9 inch or larger baking dish.
In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients except 1 tablespoon of cheese and wine.
Stuff each mushrooms with a heaping tablespoon of filling. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Add wine to baking dish.
Bake uncovered, 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes and serve.
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat16
Serving Size:2 mushrooms