- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 7m
- Ready In : 12m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat200
Nachos are a popular American appetizer served by many Mexican and casual dining restaurants in the United States. The base is usually yellow corn tortilla chips top with cheese and a variety of ingredients ranging from jalapeño peppers to a smorgasbord of peppers, cheeses, meats, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Needless to say, nachos can be very high in calories and sodium. By making nachos at home, you control the size, ingredients, calories and sodium. Enjoy them in moderation. To reduce calories use homemade oven baked tortilla chips.
- Warming refried beans makes them easier to spoon over chips.
- Jalapeño peppers can be added before or after baking.
- Guacamole and sour cream can be served on the side.
Nutrition information assumes using packaged tortilla chips and prepared salsa.
- 2 oz. (60 g) tortilla chips
- 4 oz. (115 g) chicken breast, shredded
- 2 oz (56 g) cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) salsa
- Other Toppings
- Refried beans
- Sour cream or plain natural or Greek Yogurt
- Jalapeño peppers, roasted or pickled
Method of Preparation
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350°F (175°C).
Arrange chips on a 10-inch pizza pan or pie plate. Place chicken on of chips followed by the cheese. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until melts. Dot with salsa and serve.