20 Minute Pasta With Shrimp2015-09-14
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
This information is per serving.
Calories From Fat80
Serving Size:About 8 oz. (235 g)
In about the time it takes to boil water and cook pasta, you can make 20 Minute Pasta With Shrimp.
This simple, 2-pot recipe is high in protein, and low in saturated fat and sodium. The flavor comes from herbs and spices not from added salt. Red pepper flakes provides some heat. Adjusted the amount to taste or omitted them if desired.
- If fresh basil is not available, substitute fresh thyme, rosemary, or sage, or dried herbs.
- Depending on the size of your pan, break long pastas in half for even cooking. It will also be easier to eat.
- Small pasta or orzo can be substituted for long pasta.
- Reserve 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the pasta cooing water and add to pasta and shrimp if needed for added moisture.
- 6 oz. (170 g) linguine or other long pasta
- 13 oz. (370 g) raw shrimp (about 1 lb with tails) without tails
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lime or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) tequila, white wine, water or broth
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) butter
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Italian seasoning
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) capers, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 6 oz. (170 g) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Fresh basil, thinly sliced
Method of Preparation
Bring 3 qt/l of water to a rapid boil and cook pasta per manufacturers recommend time until al dente.
Meanwhile, combine lime or lemon juice and tequila or wine and pour over shrimp. Marinade shrimp until pasta is added to boiling water.
In a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven, heat butter and oil over medium to medium high heat. Add marinaded shrimp and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Turn shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. Add Italian seasoning, capers, and red pepper flakes. Cook shrimp 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked through.
Drain pasta, and add to shrimp. Stir or toss to coat pasta. Stir in tomatoes. Divide pasta and shrimp among 4 plates or dishes, garnish with basil and serve.