Pasta with Seafood2013-11-15
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Course: Entree, Pasta & Rice
- Skill Level: Easy
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 12m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 22m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat150
Serving Size:13 oz. (360g)
Pasta with Seafood is a very simple recipe with a wine and butter seafood sauce you can prepare and cook in about 20 minutes; the time it takes to boil water and cook the pasta.
Pasta with seafood is very popular along the coastal areas of Italy.
Nutrition information is for shrimp or lean white fish. Substituting high omega-3 fatty acid tuna or salmon for the shrimp adds about 60 calories per serving.
- You can substitute spaghetti or fettuccine for the linguini. This recipe makes two generous servings and can be doubled or tripled.
- You can substitute any seafood.
If you prefer larger pieces of fish, add fish after shrimp to minimize flaking. You can also remove the cooked fish and add it after you’ve added the pasta.
- 6 oz (170 g) linguini or other long pasta
- 4 oz. (115 g) fish fillet (tilapia, tuna, salmon)
- 4 oz. (115 g) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1-2 (6 g) garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 cup (15 g) green onions including greens, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh parsley, minced
- Red pepper flakes to taste, optional
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Romano or Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) unsalted butter
Method of Preparation
Bring at least 2 qt/l of water to a rapid bowl and cook pasta per manufacturers recommend time until al dente.
Meanwhile, cut fish fillet into pieces about 1-inch (25 mm) wide. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil 1 to 2 minutes. Add sliced garlic and green onion. Cook, stirring 1 to 2 minutes or until softened. Do not allow garlic to burn. Reduce heat if necessary.
Add fish and cook, stirring about 1 minute. Stir in shrimp and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add lemon juice, wine, parsley, and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Drain pasta and add it to skillet. Gently stir to coat with sauce. Cook about 1 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
Turn off heat or remove pan from heat and stir in the cheese until melted followed by the butter. Serve immediately.