Pasta With Grilled Chicken and Pesto2015-01-16
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat110
Serving Size:About 9.5 oz. (270 g)
Pasta with grilled chicken and pesto is the first in my Quick Meal series of recipe suggestions. Recipe can be doubled.
This recipe takes about 20 minutes to make from the time you begin heating water to cook the pasta and has only 4 ingredients:
- Any Dry Pasta
- Fresh Tomato
- Grilled or Rotisserie Chicken
Leftovers can be reheated in minutes in a microwave oven.
- 2 oz. (56 g) homemade focaccia (100 calories)
- 6 oz. (180 ml) white or red wine (150 calories)
- Small salad with oil and vinegar dressing (100 calories)
Total calories including wine: 770
- 6.5 oz. (180 g) linguine or other pasta
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 8 oz. (225 g) grilled or rotisserie chicken breast, cubed
- 5 tablespoons (75 ml) basil pesto
- Salt for cooking pasta (optional)
Method of Preparation
Bring at least 2 qts/l of water to a roiling boil. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of salt and stir in pasta. Cook per manufacturers directions until all dente.
If chicken has been refrigerated, reheat 3 to 4 minutes on low power (about 30 percent power). Do not over heat or chicken will dry out.
In a large bowl or serving dish, add pesto and thin with about 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the pasta cooking water. Stir to combine.
Add pasta to pesto and toss to coat. Add tomato and chicken and toss or stir in with a large spoon. Serve immediately.