Easy Herb and Garlic Roasted Fish Fillets2015-07-28
- Yield : 6 fillets
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 9m
- Ready In : 25m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat50
Serving Size:1 piece
asy Garlic and Herb Roasted Fish Fillets is bursting with flavor, simple to prepare, and cook, and has less than 200 calories per serving. You can use any white fish fillet in this recipe with a thickness of 1-inch or less. Pictured are cod and tilapia.
Roasting time is for 1-inch thick fillets. Reduce roasting time for thinner fillets or increase time for thicker fillets.
Oven temperatures very. Check after minimum time to prevent over cooking.
Nutrition information are based on average for 4-ounce (113g) raw, low-fat cod or tilapia fillets. Any low-fat white fish will have about the same number of calories.
An ovenproof skillet (stainless steel or non-stick) rated for up to 450°F (230°C) large enough to hold the fish in a single layer.
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) dried parsley for fresh
- 1/8 tsp. (0/625 ml) dried garlic for fresh
- Meringue powder for egg white (follow package directions for amount)
- 1/2 cup (70 g) dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh Italian barely, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.625 ml) kosher salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) dried thyme, optional
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) dried oregano, optional
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 6-4 oz. (675 g) tilapia or other white fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
Method of Preparation
Place rack in middle of oven and preheat to 450°F (230°C).
In a dish or bowl large enough to bread the fish, combine all dry ingredients for the herb crust. Beat egg white in a similar dish or bowl.
Dip both sides of the fish in the egg white, and then in the herd crumb mixture. Use your fingers to press the mixture into the fish. Place breaded fish on a large plate or baking sheet.
Heat oil, over medium-high heat in a large, ovenproof skillet large enough to hold all 6 fish fillets in 1 layer. When the oil is hot, begins to shimmer, carefully transfer the fish to the skillet. Brown each side, about 1 minute per side.
Place the skillet in the preheated oven and roast 5 to 7 minutes or until fish is opaque throughout and easily flakes using a fork. Serve immediately.