Artichoke and Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe2014-07-04
- Cuisine: American, European, Greek, Italian, Mediterranean
- Course: Salad, Side Dish
- Skill Level: Easy
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 12m
- Ready In : 2:30 h
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat65
Serving Size:6 oz. (175 g) without cheese
This Artichoke and Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe is a simple, healthier alternative to mayonnaise based prepared and homemade macaroni salads.
- Substitute canned or fresh tuna or salmon, cooked crab or lobster for the grilled chicken. Add to taste fresh or dried dill, thyme, oregano or dried Italian seasoning.
- Omit the chicken and cheese for a vegetarian salad or substitute grilled shrimp for a seafood pasta salad.
- 6 oz. (175) short pasta (macaroni, shells, etc.)
- 8 oz. (225 g) cherry or grape tomatoes, any color
- 4 oz. (115 g) marinated artichoke hearts, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh basil, mice or thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) mint vinaigrette or increase vinegar to 3 tbsp. (45 ml)
- 1/2 cup (60 g) green onion, sliced thin including greens
- 1/4 cup (25 g) red or yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 grilled chicken breast half, sliced or cubed
- Shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (optional)
Method of Preparation
Bring at least 2 qt/l of water to a rapid boil and cook pasta per package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large mixing or serving bowl, combine remaining ingredients except cheese.
Drain pasta and rinse with cold water to cool. Drain well and add stir into other ingredients. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve warm or cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Serve topped with shaved Parmigiano Reggiano if desired.