Oven Blackened Fish2015-03-20
- Yield : 4
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Oven Blackened Fish is for people who like Cajun-style blackened fish but don’t like the smoke or mess of pan blackening the fish. Some method for cooking blackened fish are dangerous for the novice cook, and who wants to thrown out a good piece of fish?
You can use your favorite fish; red or white for this recipe. Fish fillets should be at least 1-inch thick due to the 15 to 20 minute bake time to prevent over baking and drying out the fish. For thinner fillets, reduce bake time.
Like all recipes on this website, adjust the seasoning and amount of rub to your taste.
- 4 fish fillets (about 5.5 oz., 160 g each) catfish, tilapia, salmon, tuna
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) sweet or smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) onion powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- Olive or avocado oil or cooking spray
Method of Preparation
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
In a small bowl, combine all rub ingredients.
Use paper towels to pat fish fillets dry and then lightly coat all sides with oil or cooking spray. Rub all sides of the fish with the spice rub and place serving sine up on an oiled baking sheet.
Baked 15 to 20 minutes or until well browned and fish is cooked through and easily flakes with a fork.
This information is per serving.
Calories From Fat85
Dietary Fiber:1 Fish Fillet