- Yield : 1 loaf
- Servings : 9
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 1:15 h
- Ready In : 1:45 h
Turkey meatloaf has 25 percent less fat, 60 percent less saturated fat, and less calories than traditional beef and pork meatloaf.
Meatloaf is one of America’s favorite comfort foods and very easy to make. Add or omit ingredients depending on your preferences.
- 3 to 4 tablespoons dry chopped onion or 1 to 2 teaspoons granulated onion can be substituted for the raw onion.
- If your meatloaf mixture is too soft, replace sliced bread and wine with fresh breadcrumbs. Use a food processor and metal blade to process the sliced bread into crumbs and omit or reduce the amount of wine/water.
- A rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil can be substituted for the loaf pan. Tent loaf with aluminum foil during the first 45 minutes of baking to reduce moisture loss.
The technique and most ingredients to make beef and pork or turkey meatloaf are the same. The following how-to video has ingredients and method to make beef and pork meatloaf.
- 2 lbs. (900 g) 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) prepared tomato ketchup
- 5 slices (150 g) French or Italian bread
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry white wine or water
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) sambal oelek or other chile sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) course ground or Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1 cup (100 g) onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Vegetable cooking spray
Method of Preparation
Preheat oven to 375°F (190C). Coat a 5x9 inch loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray or use a rimmed baking sheet if you do not have a loaf pan.
Soak bread 15 to 20 seconds in the water or wine to moisten. Squeeze out excess liquid if desired. Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl using your hands.
Place meat mixture in loaf pan forming it into a loaf shape if desired Bake, uncovered, 1 hour and 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C). Rest 15 minutes before slicing.
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat88
Serving Size:1-inch slice (about 6.5 oz., 180g)