Pesto Poultry Pizza2014-01-11
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Course: Entree, Snack
- Skill Level: Easy to Moderate
- Yield : 2 pizzas
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 45m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat175
Serving Size:1/4 12-inch pizza or 1/8 retangular pizza
Basil pesto replaces tomato sauce for this pizza. You can use leftover chicken, turkey or other poultry.
Nutrition information is based on home cooked, low sodium poultry (no added sodium solution). When using prepared poultry the amount of sodium can double.
- Basic Bread Dough or 2 lbs. prepared pizza dough
- 8 oz (225 g) fresh or firm mozzarella
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) prepared pesto
- 12 oz. (240 g) diced chicken or turkey breast or other pouty meat
- 6 oz. (170 g) marinated artichoke hearts, sliced thin
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
Method of Preparation
Arrange oven racks on lowest position and preheat oven to 400°F (225°C).
Coat 2 12-inch pizza pans or a 12x18 baking sheet with cooking spray. Divide dough between pizza pans. Use your hands to stretch the dough out to the sides of the pan. If dough springs back, let it rest a few minutes and then continue to shape the dough to the pan.
Cut fresh mozzarella into thin slices or cubes. Shred firm mozzarella.
Spread a thin layer of pesto over the dough. Arrange poultry and artichoke over the pesto followed by the mozzarella.
Rest 10 minutes. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until crust has browned. Cool 5 minutes, cut, and serve.