Pasta With Chicken Mushroom Pesto Sauce2016-07-31
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
This information is per serving.
Calories From Fat190
Serving Size:12 oz. (350 g)
Pasta With Mushroom Pesto Sauce flavors pasta with basil pesto instead of tomato sauce. Although pesto is higher in calories due to the cheese and oil, a little goes a long way.
For some people, pesto made using only basil has too strong a flavor. You can make a bright green pesto using half basil, half parsley or spinach, adjusting the amount of basil too your taste, or reducing the amount of basil.
Pasta With Chicken Mushroom Pesto Sauce is a great recipe for left over chicken or any poultry and it only takes minutes to make.
While one serving has over 500 calories, it also provides 31 grams of protein.
- 4 oz. (115 g) spaghetti or other long pasta
- 8 oz. (225 g) fresh mushrooms, cleans and sliced
- 1 tbsp ( 15 ml) butter
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) dry white wine or broth
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 5 oz. (150 g) cooked chicken breast, cubed or sliced
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) red onion, diced or thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) basil pesto
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) grated parmesan cheese
Method of Preparation
Bring at least 1 qt/L or water to a rapid boil in a 2 to 3 qt/L pan. Add pasta and cook per manufacturers recommended cooking time until al dente.
Meanwhile, heat oil and melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushroom and cook, stirring 2 to 3 minutes. Add onion and cook, stirring about 1 minute. Add wine or broth, chicken, and bring to a boil. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is hot.
Drain pasta (reserve a 1/4 cup of the water) and add to skillet. Toss to coat pasta. Stir in cheese or serve on the side.