Banana Cake Cookies2012-11-29
- Yield : About 36
- Servings : 36
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 12m
- Ready In : 40m
Banana Cake Cookies, like banana breads and muffins, uses very ripe bananas most people do not eat.
Bananas Cake Cookies have a soft, cake-like texture similar to banana bread and fruit filled cookies instead of a dry, crisp texture usually associated with cookies.
Substitutions & Changes
- Substitute 1/2 cup (96 g) of shortening for the butter or margarine.
- Replace pecans with chopped walnuts.
- Adjust amount of cinnamon and cloves to taste.
- Nutrition information is for 36 Banana Cookies made with butter and nuts.
- Substituting margarine or shortening for the butter reduces saturated fat from 2 grams per cookie to 1 gram.
- Omitting the nuts saves about 10 calories per cookie.
Other Banana Recipes
Other Cookie Recipes
Recipe reviewed and updated: 20 July 2018
- 4 oz (115 g) margarine or butter
- 1 cup (210 g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (225 g) mashed ripe bananas (2 small bananas)
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cloves
- 1/2 cup (60 g) chopped pecans (optional)
- Non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper
Method of Preparation
Shift together flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and cloves.
Cream shortening using a hand or stand mixer. Add sugar beating until light and fluffy.
Add eggs and banana. Mix on medium speed until combined.
Add flour mixture and mix until thoroughly combined; about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in pecans if desired
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly coat baking sheets with non-stick spray. or line with parchment paper
Drop dough by heaping teaspoons or tablespoons onto baking sheet about 2-inches (2.5cm) apart.
Bake 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool 1 to 2 minutes and then transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat35
Serving Size:1 cookie