Pasta with Cauliflower and Asparagus Recipe2013-04-13
- Servings : 4-5
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
Pasta with fresh vegetables is as common in southern Italy as pasta with tomato sauce. In this Pasta with Cauliflower and Asparagus Recipe, broccoli can be add or substituted for the cauliflower or asparagus.
You can use any short or long pasta for this recipe.
One serving, about 11 ounces, provides 7 grams of fiber.
- 8 oz. (225 g) short pasta
- 1 head (600 g) large cauliflower, cut into bite size florets
- 8 oz. (225 g) aspragus, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) dry white wine or water
- 2 oz. (56 g) can anchovies, chopped
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Fresh Italian parsley, minced
- Romano or Parmesan cheese if desired
Method of Preparation
Cut asparagus on a diagonal about 2 inches long.
Bring at least 2 quarts of water to a rapid boil and cook pasta per manufacturers recommended time until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
Meanwhile, in deep 12-inch skillet heat olive oil on medium heat and cook onions about 5 minutes or until softened string often.
Add garlic. Cook 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer 3 to 4 minutes stirring occasionally.
Drain pasta, add to vegetables and stir to combine. Add the pasta water if it appears to be dry.
Serve sprinkled with cheese if desired.
Average Member Rating
(3 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat62
Serving Size:11 oz. (325g) without cheese