Fish With Tomato & Corn Salsa2016-06-20
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 12m
- Cook Time : 6m
- Ready In : 18m
Simple Fish With Tomato & Corn Salsa takes less than 20 minutes to make and has less then 300 calories per serving.
Although the recipe uses pan-fried fish, you can substitute broiled or grilled fish. Each cooking method is low fat and produces a slightly different flavor. You can try them all.
Use this simple salsa recipe as a guide. Replace the tomato with mango or corn with black beans. You can even serve the salsa with chicken or eggs. Season the fish with a prepared spice mix or add cayenne pepper for heat.
Capers can be very salty. Adjust amount to taste or omit.
Seasoned Tilapia Fillets
Salsa With Scrambled Eggs
- 2 (300 g) tilapia or other white fish fillets (about 5 oz. each)
- olive oil
- 1 (90 g) Roma or other tomato (1 medium)
- 1/4 cup (25 g) sliced green or other olives
- 1/2 cup (75 g) cooked sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) cilantro or parsley, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons (15-30 ml) red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon or lime juice
Method of Preparation
In a small bowl, combine all salsa ingredients.
Brush or rub fish with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Heat about 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet or medium-high heat. Add fish, cover if desired to reduce splattering, and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until fish easily flakes.
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat95
Serving Size:1 fillet with salsa