- Yield : 4
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat115
Serving Size:1 patty (4.5 oz, 128 g) precooked
Turkey Burgers are a moist, reduced calorie and saturated fat alternative to ground beef burgers.
This turkey burger recipe has about 28 percent less calories than a 1/4 pound, 80% lean, ground beef burger and half the saturated (4g vs. 8g).
Consuming red meat has been linked to increased risk of cancer and heart disease, and saturated fat is proven to increase blood cholesterol.
Nutrition information is for 4 patties made with 16 oz. (450 g) of 93 percent lean ground turkey. You can make 5 small burgers or 3 large burgers.
- Covering the skillet retains moisture. Fried burgers will be moister than grilled burgers
- Adjust all seasoning to taste.
- 16 oz. (450 g) 97% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon (1 ml) fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon (1 ml) garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon (1 ml) onion powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) sambal oelek or other chili sauce (optional)
- 1 (30 g) slice Italian or French bread or 1/3 cup (30 g) fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive or avocado oil
Method of Preparation
In a medium size bowl use your hand or wood spoon to thoroughly combine all ingredients. Allow mixture to sit a few minutes for the bread or breadcrumbs to soak up moisture and stiffen the meat mixture.
Form into 4 or 5 patties about 1/2-inch (1.2 cm) thick.
Heat oil, over medium heat, in a skillet large enough to hold all patties until oil reaches 350°F (177°C) or begins to shimmer. Do not let oil smoke. Swirl pan to coat with oil and add patties. Cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes until well browned. Turn and cook the opposite side about 4 to 5 minutes to slightly brown or until center is opaque and still juicy and internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) .
Remove patties from skillet, rest 4 to 5 minutes, and serve.