Parmesan And Herb Baked Squash2015-07-20
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Course: Side Dish
- Skill Level: Easy
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat60
Serving Size:3 oz. (85 g)
You can make Parmesan and Herb Baked Squash using tender yellow summer squash or zucchini.
Experiment with different herbs and adjusting the amounts to taste. Substitute Romano cheese, or use a combination of Romano and parmesan.
The best flavor is achieved by using the best parmesan- parmigiano-geggiano. A little does a long way.
Most of the calories and all of the fat comes from the cheese and oil, but this recipe has a fraction the calories of deep fried zucchini and other restaurant appetizers.
Serve with Low Fat Ranch Dressing
- 12 oz. (365 g) yellow squash or zucchini, trimmed and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Seasoning Mix.
- 1/2 cup (40 g) grated parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) onion powder
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
Method of Preparation
Preheat oven or toster oven to 350°F (175°C). Place oven rack in upper third of your oven. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
In a small bowl, combine seasoning. In a medium bowl toss squash wedges with olive oil to coat. Dredge squash in the seasoning mix, shake off excess and arrange on baking sheet.
Bake 15 minutes or until tender. Place oven on broil and broil 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese golden brown. Serve immediately.