Blue Cheese Dressing2013-08-16
- Yield : 3/4 cup
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Ready In : 10m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat46
Serving size:2 tablespoons (30 ml)
Homemade Blue Cheese dressing is easy to make and you are assured of using real blue cheese instead of natural and artificial flavors.
You can make this recipe creamy or chunky, thin or thick. It is all up to your preferences.
Add milk or water to thin dressing. If dressing becomes too thin after several days of refrigeration, stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons of yogurt to thicken.
Most of the sodium comes from the mayonnaise and blue cheese. Adding more of either will increase the amount of sodium.
- 1/2 cup (115 g) gorgonzola or other blue cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons (15-45 ml) milk
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) greek or natural yogurt
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon (.75 ml) garlic powder
- Kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper
Method of Preparation
In a small bowl, use a fork to mash the blue cheese and milk to desired consistency.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Task and adjust seasoning if necessary with salt and pepper or just add pepper to taste.
Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 4 hours.