Slow Cooker Chicken and Mushroom Gravy2013-10-24
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4:00 h
- Ready In : 4:10 h
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat35
Slow Cooker Chicken and Mushroom Gravy is a simple slow cooker recipe for chicken parts, boned or boneless, in a creamy mushroom gravy that is perfect with mashed potatoes.
Adding a green vegetable and roasted carrots as shown in the photo completes a meal providing about 500 calories. A salad with dressing adds 100 to 200 calories.
- Nutrition information is based on using chicken breasts. Add 50 calories per serving for chicken thighs.
- Total calories and sodium depends on the brand and type of cream of mushroom soup you use. Some brands are made with more oil. Calories range from 60 to 90 calories per half cup serving. This recipe used reduced fat 60 calorie cream of mush room soup. Add 15 calories when using 90 calorie per serving soup.
To prevent chicken breasts from drying out, check breast meat temperature after minimum cooking time.
- 2-3 (700 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts halves or 6 boneless-skinless thighs
- 8 oz (225 g) fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz, 300g) reduced sodium cream of mushroom soup
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
Method of Preparation
Cut chicken breasts in 2 or 3 pieces to make 6 pieces. Place in bottom of slow cooker. Season chicken with salt and pepper if desired.
Arrange sliced mushrooms over the chicken. Spoon soup over the mushrooms (do not thin soup).
Season with red pepper flakes if desired.
Cook on low 8 to 10 hours or high 4 to 5 hours or until chicken internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).