- Yield : About 3/4 cup
- Prep Time : 5m
- Ready In : 5m
A spicy poultry rub recipe for roasted, grilled, or BBQ chicken, turkey, duck. goose, and other poultry. Adjust ingredients to taste especially chili powder and cayenne pepper if you prefer milder or hotter flavor.
This recipe makes about 3/4 cup (180 ml) of rub. Enough for 12 to 14 pound turkey, 2 to 3 whole chickens (3 to 4 lbs. each), or 14 to 16 chicken pieces.
- 1/4 cup (50 g) packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) chili powder
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) paprika
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) ground black pepper
Method of Preparation
Thoroughly combine all ingredients in a small bowl breaking up large pieces of brown sugar. Can be used immediately, stored in a highly sealed jar for up to a month, or refrigerated up to one year.
Generously apply rub to poultry. Adjust amount to taste. Cover poultry with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate 8 to 24 hours. Cook poultry as desired.