Tacos de Pollo a la Parilla (grilled chicken tacos)2012-10-18
- Yield : 8 tacos
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat90
ServingTwo chicken tacos without garnish
In Mexico, tacos are any filling wrapped in a tortilla. In the United States they are typically a fried corn tortilla shell filled with seasoned ground or shredded meat, lettuce and cheese. This type of taco is referred to as Sonoran style after the state of Sonora, Mexico. This version made with bell peppers, onion and bacon is offered by a local restaurant serving Mexico City style cuisine.
This is a one-pan recipe, but you can substitute grilled chicken breast for the sauteed chicken. You can also reduce the sodium content be using one strip of bacon instead of two.
- When using cooked chicken, sauté vegetables until crisp-tender, add chicken and cook, stirring until heated through
- Serve as is or garnish with shredded lettuce, cheese, salsa, or guacamole.
- To soften corn tortillas stack or arrange them on a microwave proof plate, cover with a damp paper towel and microwave on high 20 to 60 seconds. You can also arrange them on a baking sheet (overlapping slightly is OK) and place in a warm oven (150F to 175F) while you are preparing the filling. Use fresh tortillas whenever possible.
Nutrition information updated November 10, 2012 based on latest USDA data.
You can substitute other poultry like turkey or duck, pork, lamb, or beef for the chicken.
- 12 oz. (340 g) chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (150 g) green or red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow, white or red onion, diced
- 2 strips (60 g) bacon, diced
- 8 white or yellow corn tortillas
Method of Preparation
Cook bacon in a large skillet or wok or medium to high heat 1 to 2 minutes to render the fat.
Add the onion and pepper and saute 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp tender.
Add the diced chicken and saute over high to medium high heat 7 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until the chicken is seared and cooked through. If you are using cooked chicken, cook until heated through.