Lemon Sauce Recipe2014-11-17
- Yield : About 1 cup
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 10m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat0
Serving Size:1/4 cup (60 ml)
This simple Oriental style lemon sauce recipe is perfect for Chinese lemon chicken or lemon fish, spooned over pan-fried, or with grilled fish or chicken. You can also use it to add lemon flavor to rice or quinoa.
It only takes about 10 minutes to make Lemon Sauce. You can doubled recipe.
- For orange sauce, substitute fresh orange juice for the lemon juice. Reduce or omit brown sugar depending on the sweetness of your orange juice.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) water
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) grated ginger root
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (12 g) cornstarch
Method of Preparation
Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan and stir until well blended.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce comes to a boil and thickens, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.