- Yield : About 4 cups (960 ml)
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat0
Serving Size:1 cup (240 ml) with honey
Fresh ginger root has been used for 1000’s of years to relieve nausea and indigestion.
Fresh ginger tea takes just minutes to make and you can enjoy it plain or with lemon and orange juice. Citrus juices add 5 to 10 calories per serving. Omit honey and juice for a zero calorie beverage.
Adjust the amount of ginger to taste. Dilute ginger tea with water if too strong. Refrigerate leftover tea up to 2 days and reheat in microwave oven.
- 3/4 in (20 g) fresh ginger root, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cups (960 ml) water
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) honey or to taste
- For Citrus Ginger Tea add:
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lemon juice or to taste
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) fresh orange juice or to taste
Method of Preparation
Place sliced ginger and water in a 2 qt/l saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cover, reduce heat and boil 10 minutes. Strain to remove ginger.
Sweet to taste with honey or other sweetener. Stir until dissolved. For citrus ginger tea stir in lemon and orange juices.