- Yield : About 2 cups (480 ml)
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 5m
- Ready In : 5m
This information is per serving.
Calories From Fat6
Serving Size:About 5 oz. (150 ml)
A Lassi is a refreshing, low fat, low calorie, yogurt based beverage popular in India and Pakistan. It is available at roadside cafes and major hotels and restaurants. A basic Lassi is a slightly sweetened mixture of unflavored yogurt thinned with water and served cold. For a richer drink, you can substitute low fat milk for all or art of the water. Add 30 for non-fat milk and 50 calories for whole milk per serving.
You can use any of your favorite fruit or fruits for a fruit lassi. Fruit can be fresh, canned, or frozen. Adjust the amount to taste.
Nutrition values will vary depending on the type and amount of yogurt and fruit used. Pictured are banana and strawberry lassi.
- Add more fruit if desired adjusting the amount to taste. Fruit is packed with nutrients and low in calories .
- You can add whole or crushed nuts to your lassi prior to blending if desired. Omit nuts of a zero fat calorie beverage.
- Adjust thickness to taste by adding more yogurt, less water, or substituting low-fat milk for all or part of the water. Substituting milk for water adds about 40 to 50 calories per serving.
- 6 oz (170 g) natural or Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sugar or to taste
- 1 cup (240 ml) cold water
- 1 (95 g) apple, banana, peach, or 1/2 cup blueberry or other fruit
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) crushed pistachio nuts or almonds (optional)
- Dash of pure vanilla, almond, or lemon extract (optional)
Method of Preparation
Place all ingredients in a blender. Puree 30 to 40 seconds or until smooth. Served chilled. Top with crushed pistachio or almond if desired.