- Yield : 12
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 60m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat70
Serving Size:2 eggs
Deviled Eggs are as old as the Roman Empire, easy to make and one of the most popular appetizers in the United States.
This Deviled Eggs recipe can be doubled or halved. Adjust mayonnaise, mustard, relish and seasoning to taste and desired consistency.
- For a creamy, smooth filling, use a hand mixer or small food processor.
- Deviled eggs can be made up to 2 days prior to serving.
- 6 large hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) sweet pickle relish or minced sweet pickle
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) prepared yellow, brown or dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Kosher salt
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- Sweet paprika
- Sliced black or green olives
- Pimento, diced
Method of Preparation
Cut eggs in half lengthwise and carefully remove yolks using a teaspoon. Place yolks in a medium bowl with mayonnaise and mash using a fork or combine with remaining ingredients using an electric hand mixer for an ultra creamy texture.
Spoon yolk mixture into egg whites or pipe using a pastry bag with a large nozzle. Garnish by sprinkling with paprika and top with olive slice with pimento in the center if desired.
Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.