- Yield : 2
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat115
Serving Size:1/2 cheese crisp
Cheese crisps are crisp flour tortillas covered with melted cheese and tops, if desired, with salsa, sour cream or guacamole. Tortillas can be baked or browned on a griddle, topped with cheese melted in a hot oven.
To easily break baked tortillas in half or quarters, light score tortillas using a sharp knife or pizza cutter prior to baking.
- 2 flour tortillas (8 to 10-in diameter)
- 3 oz. (85 g) cheddar, Monterey Jack, Provolone, Swiss, Jarlsberg, or combination of cheeses, shredded
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) pico de gallo or other low sodium salsa
- Optional Ingredients
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) guacamole
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Greek yogurt or sour cream
Method of Preparation
Place rack in middle of oven and preheat to 325°F (165°C). On an ungreased baking sheet, bake tortillas 15 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Turn tortillas half way through baking time if desired.
Remove tortillas, increase oven temperature to 500°F (260°C). Distribute cheese over tortilla and return to hot oven. Baked 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts and bubbles.
Serve hot with salsa, guacamole or yogurt if desired.