Tequila Lime Shrimp Tacos and Tostadas2015-06-14
- Yield : 21 to 25
- Servings : 7 to 8
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 6m
- Ready In : 21m
Quick, simple, delicious tequila lime shrimp tacos and tostadas are so easy to make and you won’t find them on the menu at most Mexican restaurants.
Just marinate peeled and deveined raw shrimp in tequila, lime juice, and oil for 10 to 15 minutes, and then grill them to moist, tender perfection in less than 10 minutes.
The rest is standard taco and tostada ingredients.
- Use prepared taco shells or fresh corn or flour tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepared or homemade salsa
- Creamy or Hearty Guacamole
- Any ingredients used for tacos
- Prepared or homemade tostada shells
- Refried beans
Prepared corn tostada tortillas are available in the Mexican food section of most supermarkets. But, beware. Prepared tostada shells can be high in saturated fat and sodium. Fresh prepared corn tortillas have little or no saturated fat and less than 10 mg of sodium. Convenience comes at a price.
- Grill sliced bell peppers and onions.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Cheddar cheese
Don’t have a grill? Cook shrimp 3 to 4 minutes per side in a hot non-stick griddle or skillet lightly coated with cooking spray.
Always discard unused marinade. Do not reuse or apply to cooked foods.
- 1 lb. (450 g) 21/25 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) tequila
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive or vegetable oil
- Kosher salt to taste
Method of Preparation
Preheat grill to 400°F (205°C).
In a medium bowl, combine all marinade ingredients using a whisk or fork. Add shrimp. Stir to coat. Marinade about 10 minutes stirring every 2 to 3 minutes. Thread shrimp onto metal or wood skewers (always presoak wood skewers).
When grill is hot, cook shrimp over direct heat about 3 minutes per side or until cooked through. Serve.
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat16
Serving Size:3 shrimp