- Yield : About 60
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 60m
Pizzelle (plural of pizzella) are a popular cookie usually made during Christmas and Easter holidays. Making pizzelle requires a pizzelle iron which is similar to an electric waffle iron. Non-electric versions held over a fire or placed on a stove are available but usually only make one at a time and requires more skill.
Pizzelle can be served as is or dusted with powdered sugar. The nutritional information is for plain pizzelle.
This recipe makes about 60 pizzelle. You can cut the recipe in half if desired.
Other Cookie Recipes
- 1 cup (240ml) margarine or butter melted and cooled
- 3 1/2 cups (420g) all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons (20ml) baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups (300 grams) granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) vanilla or anise extract
- For Chocolate Pizzelle add:
- 1/2 cup (xxg) cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (1ml) baking powder
Method of Preparation
Click for Step-by-Step YouTube video.
Beat eggs and gradually add sugar. Continue beating until smooth.
Add the cooled melted margarine and extract. Beat until well combines
Sift flour and baking poder and add to egg mixture. Mix with a large spoon until thoroughly combined. Dough will be sticky. Follow manufacturers instructions for your pizzelle maker.
For chocolate pizzelle.
Sift ingredients for chocolate pizzelle with the flour and baking powder for regular pizzelle and continue with Step 4.
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat32