Fig and Yogurt Bruschetta2014-09-22
- Yield : 8
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 8m
- Cook Time : 2m
- Ready In : 10m
This fig and yogurt bruschetta recipe is a variation of a fig bruschetta by the food photographer husband and wife team White on Rice. Their roasted fig bruschetta takes 45 minutes to make versus as little as 10 minutes for this recipe using grilled bread and homemade or prepared fig preserves. Differences between the recipes include:
- Replacing roasted figs with fig preserves
- Replacing ricotta with Greek yogurt
- Replacing thyme with fresh mint
- Omitting olive oil
You can drizzle balsamic vinegar over the bruschetta for added flavor.
Enjoy this recipe as an antipasto, dessert, Continental breakfast or snack.
Nutrition values will very slightly depending on the type, thickness and size of your bread slices.
- 4 slices Italian or French bread about 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Greek or natural yogurt
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) fig preserves
- 4 small figs, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons (10 g) chopped pecans
- Thinly sliced fresh mint to taste
Method of Preparation
Toast bread on a hot grill about 1 minute per side or in a toaster or broil in a toaster oven or oven until golden brown.
Slice each piece of bread in half. Spread yogurt of each slice. Top with fig preserves, chopped nuts, fresh figs and if desired sliced mint.
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat25
Serving Size:2 pieces