Banana Cake Cookies2012-11-29
- Yield : About 36
- Servings : 36
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 12m
- Ready In : 40m
Making Banana Cake Cookies is one way of using very ripe bananas no one wants to eat.
Bananas Cake Cookies have a soft, cake-like texture similar to banana bread instead of a dry, crisp texture usually associated with cookies.
Other Banana Recipes
Other Cookie Recipes
- 4 oz (115 g) margarine or butter
- 1 cup (200 g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (250 g) mashed ripe bananas
- 2 cups (280 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cloves
- 1/2 cup (60 g) chopped pecans (optional)
- Non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper
Method of Preparation
Shift together flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and cloves.
Cream shortening using a hand or stand mixer. Add sugar beating until light and fluffy.
Add eggs and banana. Mix on medium speed until combined.
Add flour mixture and mix until thoroughly combined; about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in pecans if desired
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly coat baking sheets with non-stick spray. or line with parchment paper
Drop dough by heaping tablespoons onto baking sheet about 2-inches (2.5cm) apart. For smaller cookies use a teaspoon
Bake 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool 1 to 2 minutes and then transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat36
Serving Size:1 cookie